Monday, December 3, 2007

Busy Bee

I ended up taking the day off work Friday but don't let that fool you into thinking that I layed around all weekend doing nothing. In fact it was quite the contrary. Not all of you know but I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Over the past 16 weeks they have started construction on a Kingdom Hall in a town close to where I live, laying foundation and such. I went down there Friday to lend a hand.

I was there Friday for 7 hours, 5.5 of which I was working on rafters and plywood for the roof. Before I scare anyone, I was just on the ground doing the cutting and measuring. The last part of the day I was running wire for the telephone and whatever data they would need. Thankfully that part I already knew how to do. This is how it was looking when I left Friday night.



Disclaimer: This is not an actual picture from the site. I forgot my camera at home. I borrowed this picture from another Brother in Holland, Michigan (Aug 03)


I didn't go Saturday because I already had previous engagements. My sis came w/o her boys to have a girls night with mom & me. We went to Outback & watched Shrek 3 (which was pretty funny if you ask me) and then later she & I watched The Nanny Diaries (again, I liked this too).

Sunday, I went again. This time I was on the tile crew. I learned how to dry cut tile. I'm hoping before it's all over with I'll be able to wet cut tile too. I got started with that around 10am and left around 3:30pm. We really wind down on Sunday afternoons so everyone can get home and get ready for their real jobs. Next weekend we're going to be doing wall tiles.

2 comments:

LaShon James-Major said...

Hello, sister. I'm a fellow sister in Long Beach, CA. I came across your blog so I wanted to say hello.

It looks like the KH is coming along very nicely. It's always nice to work in Jah's service.

Anonymous said...

That's great. It's wonderful to get to learn how to do all that stuff as well!