Wednesday, January 23, 2008

For My Dad

My parent's 41st anniversary was at the beginning of the month and this was the card I made for my dad. I was so proud with the way that it came out. I have to admit that I got the idea from someone else I don't know that they would necessarily appreciate it because they made it for a dress and when I saw it I kinda saw the wrench immediately.


It was Sharon Johnson's cocktail dress. I printed her templated and instead of just doing the neckline on just one side I did it on both sides. I then covered the cardstock over with the metal. I drew in the lines to give it character in distress it. I used the MM die stamp to put Stanley on the front with Prussian Blue Copic to color it in. The inside held a Gift Card for Harbor Freight and a Subscription to Consumer Reports to I made the inside to look like what Julie Buhler did on her blog.

You can actually click on the one above to see a bigger version to see more detail.


11 comments:

Colleen said...

Totally adorable! What a great idea...so clever.
Thanks for the tag...I'll get right on that!

Quixotic said...

Love it - looks great!

I'll admit, when I first saw the dress (which also looks great), I also thought that with the straight lines and angles, the shape looked reminiscent of a wrench.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is very clever - bet he loved it!

Maria said...

What a creative idea for a card. It's a great masculine card! Your dad will surely love it!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria

kathleenh said...

How clever of you to see the wrench! I bet he loved it.

Miss C. said...

This is very clever! Great job.

Melissa M. M. M. said...

how artistic. I just love the glimmer of the metal. I'm sure Sharon would be thrilled that you created this from her dress. TOO cool! :0) Mel

Flossie's Follies said...

this is great, love the shape, very creative.

My Paper World said...

Wow! Thats so cool! and very creative of you!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

What a great idea! I bet your dad loved it!

stampmonkey said...

Very creative -- and especially so coming from a dress pattern! You did a great job making it so realistic!

TFS!