Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Brenda & Craig's anniversary was last Monday and they were celebrating their 7th. However her mom had a small gathering on Saturday for them with cake and ice cream. I spent all the night before trying to make this candle holder with etched glass following Lauren's directions. Personally I was disappointed because it was no where near as deep as I would have liked. This is obviously something I'm going to have to play with again to see if I can figure out. They however loved it. I put there initials on it and then used Inque Boutique to put swirls coming out from their monogram. As you can tell even from the pic below that it didn't come out that deep. Oh well!


4 comments:

Lori said...

What a pretty gift set! I love how you embellished the embossed design of the card.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Im sorry you didn't get results you hoped for. In my instructions I tell you to leave the cream on much longer than the package says. Maybe try that again?? I believe that is why the cream didn't etch well. HUGS!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How gorgeous! I love the colour on the cuttlebug textue. TOO pretty. I've read that the etching cream can get old easily. I've had the best results with buying it from a stained glass store instead of craft shops & apparently you can tell from the colour (if it's yellowed it's old.) You candle holder looks gorgeous though. Fantastic gift! :O)

Dana said...

I think it still looks nice. I tried this myself last night and left mine on for 15 minutes and worked. Maybe it's the type of glass that needs a longer setting time? Try it again! Love to see your results