Saturday, July 3, 2010

In My Country…

Are you ready for you weekly installment of Alice?  I sure hope so.  Here we go…

"Well, in our country," said Alice, still panting a little, "you'd generally get to somewhere else -- if you ran very fast for a long time, as we've been doing."


"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"


(Through the Looking Glass, Chapter 2)

WONDERLAND has gone red, white, and blue!  Yep, that's right! 

Call it inspiration, a color challenge....I guess it's really both!   Your mission this week is to use RED, WHITE and BLUE on your card or project!  In addition we have a WONDERFUL Sponsorship opportunity today.  Thank you SO much to EMILY from EAD Designs!  Emily has graciously offered the DT some wonderful Alice-themed stickers to use for our projects today (unfortunately our international friends didn't get theirs in time, but hopefully we'll have stuff to show you soon!).

ONE LUCKY WINNER will receive a WONDERFULLY GENEROUS gift certificate to the EAD Designs Store!   Just get your red, white and blue on and ENTER your card here to win!

Before we get to this week's challenge, we have a few FUN announcements to make!   Sadly we say goodbye to Jimmi this week.  I can’t believe she’s leaving, though I understand & am so glad I still get to work with her on another team.  Can you tell I love this girl ?  We thank her for all her wonderfully twisty designs and will miss her at the tea table here.   We are THRILLED to announce at the same time, that Lynne Phelps has accepted a FULL TIME position here right at our twisted table.  Lynne's designs TOTALLY WOW'd us as our June Guest Designer and well, some things are JUST SO Alice that they're meant to be!  WELCOME LYNNE!

Also, as today is the first challenge of July, a BIG TWISTY welcome to EMMA EADS, our JULY GUEST!  We are very excited to have her on board with us for the month of July.   Be sure to stop by her BLOG and give her a shout out!

You have until Friday, July 9th at 8pm CST to enter your creation on the Oh! Alice Challenge blog to WIN the gift certificate from EAD Designs!  As for a little inspiration let’s start you off with this…

PackACardsPackACardsInside I have a confession to make, I don’t use stickers often.  But when I saw these I just had to use them, they were just too cute!!  This came together so easily for me and I have to admit I love they way it came out.

Stamps:  HA! None
Ink: Again, none
Paper: Neenah CS, PTI Poppy Red, Bazzill Blue
Extras: PTI Buttons, PTI Red Poppy Ribbon, Twine, Nestabilities, EAD Stickers, Playing Card

9 comments:

Sammi said...

This is really clever Sara -- Looks awesome!
Sammi
xxx

Amy said...

I LOVE how you stuck that little guy on the inside! Super fun card Sara!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is absolutly gorgeous!! You have done a fabulous job with the stickers.
Kristy xx

Anonymous said...

This is ADORABLE!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO stinkin' cute! BRILLIANT idea to use the playing card and I love how you cut off the side of the nestie to frame it the way you did-awesome job my sweet friend!

Basement Stamper said...

So creative and cool! Love the card with & how the card opens up. Very cute.

Heather said...

Super fun! I am a big poker player, so I appreciate this one! Thanks for the vote of love on my blog! Keeping my fingers crossed! Have a happy & safe 4th!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Ooo, I love what you did with the playing cards! Brilliant! and so cute :)
hugs, margie

Lynne Phelps said...

What a fun and funny card! LOVE the playing card on the front! Now you need to remember not to play with that deck, LOL!!! The bold colors and layout are just great, and the ace on the inside looks so confused - what, I'm just a card??? Reminds me of when Buzz Lightyear realized he was a toy, LOL!