Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shut Up!

I got an email today from a good friend of mine today but before I go into that I guess I can rewind a little.  As you all know I’ve been on hiatus for about 4 months now, which was not an easy decision for me to make.  I am finally making progress towards coming back.  When I say progress, I mean baby steps.  Ones not so much self inflicted as self forced. 

As some of you may know 2 years ago next month I had back surgery, well the pain is back with a vengeance.  I’m having to learn to respect my body’s limitations whether I like it or not.  Most of the time…NOT!!  It’s very frustrating and can sometimes be down right depressing (insert tears here).  However I’m determined to not give up because I refuse to lay around and be a vegetable.  That and I love what I do.  Recently I created a couple of cards for All Things Unity and then a couple of more for other things.

I even called another friend of mine because as I put it, I had been out of it for so long I just wasn’t confident in what I was doing and needed feedback.  She is such a sweetheart and gave me such wonderful criticism but was worried she would hurt my feelings.  I love her for that!!

Then I got my email today for my friend Kim Howard, with mainly a picture attached asking how I liked what was published.  I was like what?  Then I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?!!?  Hey, that’s me.  I can’t tell you the boost that gives you.  Of course I had to run out and actually look at the actual magazine because this was my first time being published.  Turns out I had 3, that’s right THREE, in the magazine.  YEAH!! me.  And they were all Unity images…WOOHOO!!

No1No2No3

6 comments:

Robin said...

Sorry to hear you are having back pain :(
Good for you about the mag Sara!!!! That's wicked... hope to see you back in full blogging form soon! Robin

JenMarie said...

WAHOO! Congrats sweet gal!

Basement Stamper said...

Am so excited for you and yes, listen to your body even if you don't always agree with it. *HUGS*

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOOOORAY! This is super exciting! Such great news--you are right where you should be and doing what you love! And excelling! FAB JOB! I can't wait to see your name in print:) SOOOOOOO FUN!

CONGRATS!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Congrats to you, Sara! What a wonderful surprise to not know and then see THREE cards published!
Fabulous! :)

farmhouse-story said...

a big congrats to you, sara!! hope you are doing well:)