Sunday, May 18, 2008

Going Asian

I just finished another one of those swaps I was telling you guys about that I signed up for...this one was for an Asian Themed ATC swap. This is the picture that I used to inspire the colors for my costumes. Although I've used this stamp before I wanted the coloring to be more authentic.


As for the ATC card itself instead of the details that I normally do. I'm going to go into a little more in depth because I did this one a little different.


Ok, here's the actual card...


1st I stamped Gratitude = Joy from Unity Stamp Co with Versamark and then embossed with dark green eP on Sping Moss PTI CS. Then I stamped Cherry Blossom Background on White Tissue Paper with SU Rose Red ink before putting on top of CS.

Once on top of CS, I then used a Club Scrap - Asian Collage in SU Going Gray on top to give it a more collage-y look. The last stamp on top is my Japanese Geisha woman (?) that I stamped individually colored with Prismas & OMS, cut out & then put on with pop dots.

I put a eyelet in the top corner and ran hemp through it to attach what they call Feng Shui Chinese Coins. Then to top it all off I added some Perfect Pearls & Stickles.

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great take on this challenge!! Your colours are so pretty and vibrant.....I love it! I really need to do more challenges.....I'm getting to be a lazy stamper!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous! Your swap-mates are in for a real treat!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Awesome colors and design!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! This is really fantastic! So vibrant!

Michelle Pearson said...

you did a great job on these!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! Love the coins. Great colour too, :0)