Wednesday, January 23, 2008

For My Dad

My parent's 41st anniversary was at the beginning of the month and this was the card I made for my dad. I was so proud with the way that it came out. I have to admit that I got the idea from someone else I don't know that they would necessarily appreciate it because they made it for a dress and when I saw it I kinda saw the wrench immediately.


It was Sharon Johnson's cocktail dress. I printed her templated and instead of just doing the neckline on just one side I did it on both sides. I then covered the cardstock over with the metal. I drew in the lines to give it character in distress it. I used the MM die stamp to put Stanley on the front with Prussian Blue Copic to color it in. The inside held a Gift Card for Harbor Freight and a Subscription to Consumer Reports to I made the inside to look like what Julie Buhler did on her blog.

You can actually click on the one above to see a bigger version to see more detail.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally adorable! What a great idea...so clever.
Thanks for the tag...I'll get right on that!

Anonymous said...

Love it - looks great!

I'll admit, when I first saw the dress (which also looks great), I also thought that with the straight lines and angles, the shape looked reminiscent of a wrench.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is very clever - bet he loved it!

Maria said...

What a creative idea for a card. It's a great masculine card! Your dad will surely love it!

Your SBS2 sis,
Maria

kathleenh said...

How clever of you to see the wrench! I bet he loved it.

Crystal Ware said...

This is very clever! Great job.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

how artistic. I just love the glimmer of the metal. I'm sure Sharon would be thrilled that you created this from her dress. TOO cool! :0) Mel

Alhambra Club said...

this is great, love the shape, very creative.

My Paper World said...

Wow! Thats so cool! and very creative of you!

Becky G said...

What a great idea! I bet your dad loved it!

stampmonkey said...

Very creative -- and especially so coming from a dress pattern! You did a great job making it so realistic!

TFS!