Monday, July 13, 2009

Touch of a Butterfly

Craft Critique put out a call not that long ago for butterflies for the Holocaust Museum in Houston. (I have a confession I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly but I made something) Now it's the first time I've been in my craft room since my surgery but this project actually means something to me for two reasons: 1) ethnically I'm Jewish 2) but more importantly to me I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Although Jehovah's Witnesses don't get as much attention as Jews for being put into the concentration camps of that time, they were one of the major groups. The symbol that they had to wear to identify them were purple triangles. For that reason in my project I used a lot of purple. I also used a mold that I got a while ago at a jewelry making convention to make faces to signify the nameless faces that were lost all those many years ago. Without much further ado, this is what I made...btw, it was very much out of my box of what I normally make.Supplies (WARNING: there are a lot):
Paper: SEI Oasis, SU Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Ink: SU Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co - Grandma's Apron, Distressed Dots, Worn Grid
Other: MS Butterfly Punch, Prima Flowers, Art Glitter Angel Wings, Doodle Bug Posies, Bazzil Flower, UTEE, Mold, Hero Arts Jewels, MM Simply Stated Rub Ons, Wal Mart Ribbon

2 comments:

Scrapacat said...

Wow! I love the project, and especially your motivation. Glad you're back in the creating game!!
~ky

Unknown said...

What a beautiful project for a wonderful reason.