Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cuttlebug Smoosh

Ok, please be patient with me because this my very first tutorial I've ever written. The reason I'm writting it is because someone asked me the other day about the background on one of the cards I made. Well, I thought about it. I could take the easy way out and point them to someone else's blog that had a write up on how to do this technique or I could actual take the dive and write my first tutuorial. I mean I would have to do something like this eventually, right? Feel free to critique or ask questions.

Here goes:
Ok, 1st off this technique is pretty easy. You first need to ink up your brayer. Graned you don't have to use a brayer. But if you do have one then you only have to use it once to ink up the entire folder.


Second, run your brayer over the recessed part of the Cuttlebug folder. Make sure that it's totally and evenly covered.


Put your Cardstock of your choice in the Embossing folder and load in the Cuttlebug as you normally would and run through.


This is what your finished product should look like. Because you did the ink on the recessed side your exposed cardstock will be the color of your original cardstock color. Now your ready to use it on your project. Have fun!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

You did a great job on your first tutorial! This is such a fun technique to do and it looks so cool on cards.

L.A. said...

Cuttlebug Smoosh is great--I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing your dad's card and especially the story that goes with it. My husband and your dad have a lot in common when it comes to dogs.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This looks gorgeous! I love the colour variation it gives...:0) mel