Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm Giddy!!

Ok, I did something tonight that I've never done.  I played with Polyshrink.  It was so much fun that I'm afraid that it might become addictive.

I got the idea to dig it out and try it because of Ashley's weekly Etsy challenge.  This week's store is Dragonfly Fine Designs.  I was thinking about using her Diaper & Wipe Carrier as my inspiration.  However then I got to thinking I wanted to do something besides make a card.  And since I've been making jewelry this last week (I know I haven't shown it to you yet but I will shortly.  I don't want the people I'm giving it to to see it yet)

SweetNecklaceAnyway now I'll stop babbling long enough to show you what I  did.  Granted it did take me a few tries before I got it all figured out.  I used Unity Stamp Co - Delectable Delights with Stazon Ink which I then colored in with Copics.  Big thing to do is to make sure that you sand the polyshrink before you use it or the ink won't color in that well.  Also, for me when I went over the Stazon lines with the coloring it wanted to lift it off so I learned to avoid them like the plague, unless I wanted to go over it on purpose.

 

Ok, here's a close up if you want to check it out.

SweetNecklaceClose

5 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

How cute is that? I love it Sara! Good job thinking outside the box. I've never used poly shrink before. It looks like a lot of fun though! Thanks for playing again this week! :)

Lori said...

What a fun gift idea! Looks great.

Cathrine StClair said...

Cute project! Polyshrink is great fun - I just love to watch it bake.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally cute Sara! I love to see how the polyshrink curls up, shrinks then flattens out again as it cools!

K

Kathryn said...

Oh -- this is SUPER CUTE -- Love it so much -- great idea!!!
:)