Saturday, March 7, 2009

MFT Idol

My Favorite Stamps is having a contest similar to that of American Idol. I am deciding to try out. Here's my entry. I'm nervous and I think my voice is a little hoarse so be nice...lol.
Stamps: Friends Furever; Ink: Memento Black, Versafine Black, SU Chocolate Chip; Paper: Basic Grey paper (really old not sure what kind it is), Neenah, Metal Sheet (Karen Foster); Other: Nesties, Copics, Art Institute Glitter, clear eP, Tonic Distresser, Misc Brads, Glimmer Mist, Walnut Ink Spray, Hemp Cord
A few things I did on this. I didn't want a little boy for my frame so I did my best to draw a ponytail, that wasn't working well. Then I got the idea to try drawing one this way and it looks like a braid.

The flowers I made by using my Nesties to cut out of the same paper as the frame. Then I distressed the edges with my distresser, once I was done doing that I balled it up and then un"balled" it. When I was done doing all that I then ran some SU Chocolate chip around it and on some alternating layers I would cut the "petals" and reball it up again. I think they cam out looking really cool.

1 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Wow - this looks great! I am sure it is a winner!