Saturday, January 9, 2010

Table Setting Part I

My parents’ anniversary is a big tradition in our family.  Every year we all get together.  It’s nice to sit around have dinner and celebrate the love that made us family.  I have to tell you that although we are not a big family, we are an extremely close family.  I would consider my mom & sister two of my best friends.

As we sat around and reminisced last night different stories came up.  One of them was when my sis & I were kids.  We wanted to cook supper for them & were only allowed to make hot dogs however we named our restaurant “Chantilly Lace”.  HOW FUNNY!!

Needless to say we do things a little better now.  This year, I thought I might do something a little different.  I thought I would decorate up the table.

Birdies

BirdieClose

I got the idea for this from the queen of decorating herself, Martha Stewart.  I edited it a little but they were so easy to make and cheap.  If you want to check it out you still find it on her website.

Supplies: Toilet Paper Rolls, Burnt Umber Acrylic Paint, WM Glitter, PTI & WM Twine, Dollar Tree Birds (came 2 in a package), WM Birds (also 2 per package), Hot Glue (I used a glue glue that I’ve had that’s almost 20 years old…gawd I’m old!!), Paper Piercer, Floral

1 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh how GORGEOUS!