Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Baby's Got a New Look!

One of the reason's I've been MIA recently is I've been working on a new look. That's included a new header and a well everything. I'm not sure I like my background yet or not but it will do for now. Let me know what you think.

That's not the only thing that's new around here. I got a new laptop over the Thanksgiving weekend. YES! I was one of the brave souls that got up very early Friday morning. I have never gotten up early for Black Friday before. I was lying in bed when my alarm went off at 5 am wondering about the little sanity I have. I knew I had a long day ahead and really thought I was insane to want to get up just because I thought I really needed a laptop. Now, don't get me wrong this was/is A REALLY GOOD DEAL. {Warning: I'm about to go geek on ya! } It's a 2g RAM, 160g Hard Drive, 15.4" Display, DVD+CD Burner wait or I could show the ad....
I'm really proud of myself with what I got, I'm just not really impressed with Vista which what came loaded with it. If you've seen any of the PC - MAC commercials, which I love, I now totally understand what they are talking about. Anyway, I got one of the last ones and I got there at 6:01 am and was out by 6:15 am. Did I mention they opened at 6?

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Sara,
I really like your new banner/header. How did you do that? I was playing around with mine yesterday and managed to get a temporary up for now (I just used the Paint program and custominzed some Microsoft clipart.) My only suggestion if you can, click the "shrink to fit" box in the template/header, as it looks like you're losing the border on the right-side. Hope it helps! Please share with me how you made your banner - it really is pretty.

Michelle Pearson said...

I really like your banner too....and your deal...lucky you!
I just joined your blogging sister's group....look forward to getting to know you a bit! ;)

Tracy said...

I love the new look chickie! Great job. Hey girl I need you to contact me via SCS pluease...stampin-sunnychick!

Thanks so much! I don't know your SCS username...it wouldn't surprise me if I don't actually know but I just can't think of it at the moment...Hugs, T~

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Sara! Congrats on the really sweet deal! New toys are always so much fun! I really like the new look of your blog! Hope you are doing well! : )

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that you got it. We tried that last year but they were all sold out. Finally got a new laptop a few months ago. Enjoy it! -Samantha (fellow sisterhood2 blogger!)

Unknown said...

Hiya Sara, ooh loving your new look banner, its beautiful, I just wanted to welcome you to the SBS2 sistahood, I am a fellow SBS2 sister and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Looooove your new laptop, its wonderful

Betsy said...

Hello from a new Sister. Love your banner. I havn't figured out how to do that yet...all in good time. Looking forward to the sisterhood.
Congrats on the bargain,definitely worth getting up early for!
Betsy

saucygoat said...

The new look is really cute!

That is a really good deal! We had just happened to be out driving home Thanksgiving night a little before midnight and already saw people lined up waiting outside both the Office Depot and Staples. It's insane.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

LOVE your new header: it is sooooo very pretty! And congrats on the new laptop. I know how it feels: I just got an early Christmas present (new pc) to replace my VERY old dinocomputer. Enjoy geeking out! Mel :0)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I like your site. Pretty colors! I don't even know how to create a banner! Anyway, congrats on the new laptop! I don't shop on Black Friday . . . too scary for me! I'm one of your new sister on SBS2. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.