Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ode to Puppies

Yesterday when I read about Em not being able to keep Bella and how much it really broke her heart, I really understood. If you've ever lost a pet for any reason you know the pain it causes. This January will be two years since I lost one of the best friends I've ever had, Rogue. Rogue and I had bonded instantly. He was part Husky and had one blue eye, one brown. He never met a stranger - person or animal - he loved them all; which was funny because everyone was scared of him. So, in memory of him & bella last night I made this card.


Stamps: eat cake graphics Wags & Great Truth #59; Ink: Stazon Jet Black & Real Red; Misc: Square Punch, Stickles, Red Pen, PCP, OMS; Paper: Close to Cocoa; Very Vanilla; Scrap Pack from Walmart
Now I have a new friend, a very close friend that I love very much. She doesn't replace Rogue but she occupies a very different place in my heart...Bandit. And no, there's no theme in the names going. Actually a friend of mine recommended her name because when you look directly at her she looks like she has a mask on. Whereas Rogue, I had his name picked out before I picked him out and it was actually a perfect fit.

5 comments:

KAT Paper Crafts said...

The puppy (the real one) is adoreable!!

L.A. said...

As I type this comment about your card I have Mulder, my nine year old Chihuahua and Scully, my seven year old Miniature Schnauzer, keeping my feet warm. I really enjoy having them as part of our family and am grateful we have quite a few years left together.

I really like the puppy that is the centerpiece of your card and the detailing you did with the marker.

Lori (SBS2)

Catherine said...

Hi Sara,
Love the puppy pic and the card! I'm right there with you on puppy love - the dog I grew up with was a mostly golden retreiver mix, and we had to put him down when I was a freshman in high school. 16 years later, I thought we were all ready to put our hearts on the line again, and I gave my Mom (and Dad) Charlie, a chocolate lab. I'm totally and unashamedly in love and obsessed with him, my baby brother. (Evidence in the form of the scrapbook I'm making of him, will soon be up on my blog.)
All we can do is love them while they're here. Good luck with your new baby.
PaperAddict

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuu I have puppy envy. ;0) Sooooo sweet. I lost "Mog" so I know how you feel. It is so cruel that dogs don't live to be 100, no?. Bandit is the cutest name! I love your memorial card. Your scrapbook like layout & water colouring are gorgeous. (I just ADORE eat cake graphics!) :0) Mel

Savitri said...

I'm not one to comment on each item so here goes... you're insane to go out shopping before 6 a.m. on Black Friday. But OMG, that's a pretty stealy deal you got there on the laptop. So, I guess if I really want/need one I'd prob. get up too at 5 a.m. LOL

The pup is super cute. I just adopted one too two months ago and I love him to death but he's not quite like my little Kato the cocker. Kato had to go because of liver cancer :(

Anyways, glad you're on SBS2 :D

www.scrapbit.com