Monday, February 11, 2008

Stupid Power

I live out in the boonies in case I've never told you that before. Granted it only takes me 10 minutes to get town. Everyone treats it like you live out in the middle of nowhere. Well, last night we were just finishing up dinner when the power goes out. Is it storming...no! Is it whipping up with wind...no!! It is so quiet and nothing is going on but that is the price you pay for being on an EMC for power. I loved being on Georgia Power.

Anyway, for the now promised project that I told you I would post last night.

I used an expanding file folder for this. I drilled holes in the top so I could make it into more of a purse. I used grommets that I colored with copics to match the grosgrain ribbon that I used to run along the edges. I used Crate Paper (Avenue Collection - Glam) to cover the front. Because I was making this for a friend of mine I put her initials on the bottom left with Making Memories and Target Rubons. The "purse strap" is a belt I got on clearance for $2.


17 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Well, this is just fabulous! Very clever, and you gotta love it, because it's one of a kind! Very cool!

Alhambra Club said...

This is lovely.

AbraMichelle said...

It turned out well sweetheart! I'm sure she'll love it.

Becky G said...

This is so cool! Your friend will love it!

My Paper World said...

GREAT project!!! It looks FANTASTIC!!!

Lori said...

This is fantastic! What a great gift idea.

L.A. said...

This is a wonderful tote! Great work!!

Lori SBS2

Anonymous said...

Oh my your purse looks fabulous! I love the paper that you used! Beautiful!!

Maria

Anonymous said...

Sara, this is fabulous!!!!! Love it!!!!! : )

Michelle Pearson said...

love that paper....I was just drooling over it yesterday!!
creative idea!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow very very pretty! Sara it is just perfect!

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Sara! This is sooo coool! Really nice job! Love the paper you chose!

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Really like it.

Savitri SBS2

Crissy said...

Wow! This is so cute, very creative of you!

Crystal Ware said...

I totally know what you mean about the power. I used to go without power for a week because I was on Georgia power but I lived in NC and we were always the last ones to get fixed.

Anyway, I love this. So cute and clever. Fabulous job.

Cathrine StClair said...

This is a wonderful project!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is crazy cool. SO creative and classy. I'll bet she flips for it! Makes me want to drill something right now! :0) Mel