Friday, March 14, 2008

Candyland

I'm going to tell you a story and hopefully my sister will not kill me. When she was little she used to suck her thumb. The only way my parents could get her to quit was to offer to buy her Candy Land. Which was really kind of funny because for the most part she did quit but she would sneak off and still suck on her thumb. But we loved playing this game. It had the coolest areas and colors. Anyway, when I saw Em's stamp Cupcakeabella it reminded me of this game. And then when I saw Happy Forest, I started brain storming and well... you can see the card below to see what I thought up


Stamps: Cupcakeabella, Enjoy Like, Happy Forest (all Stamping Bella); Ink: Palette Hybrid Noir Black; Paper: SU Pink Passion, Cool Caribbean; Other: Red Flat back jewel, Stickles in Purple & Clear, American Crafts Ribbon, Prismas, OMS, Carl Jr. Scalloped Punch

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Very cute! And thanks for the story - reformed thumbsuckers of the world unite!!! I'm one too! LOL

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Hey Sara, just visiting from Papertrey forum... so I also saw that you visit lauren's blog? See you there, she's my favorite! :-)

Crystal Ware said...

This is adorable! I love the colors and glitter. Hopefully your sister is too mad about sharing the story :D

Crissy said...

I loved Candy Land! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to play! That and Chutes and Ladders! So fun! Your card is adorable!

Lori said...

Love how you created a scene for your Bella. Looks great!

Cathrine StClair said...

Very cute and clever. My kids love Candyland.

Michelle Pearson said...

funny story! I always loved the colors of candyland too! Cute blingy card you came up with!

Betsy said...

This is cute. Thanks for sharing the story....I hope your sister didn't get mad!

Godchick said...

cute idea!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

SO fun. I loved that game! Great story & take on the cupcake & forest. Super colours :0) Mel