Monday, July 19, 2010

Being Destructive

Once upon a time my very first paying job I worked at K-Mart.  One of my jobs there was working in a department they referred to as being Dept. 605.  Department 605 was the area they brought things that were broken, missing parts, open or just generally needed to be returned to the manufacturer or destroyed.  I gotta tell you I loved working in this area.  I would break out my hammer and get to breaking things and it was FUN!!  People would come back there and ask me if I was mad, I would look up with a big grin on my face wondering what they were talking about.

Lately in some of my projects I’ve been using watch parts.  Now I realize there are some places you can get watch parts already taken apart for you, but what’s the fun in that.  I have a bunch of old watches and have acquired some.  Got my small & light weight hammer out, and I’ve gotten to work.  It’s been FUN!!  This is just one of the projects I’ve made using my “being destructive” parts… hehe.

(sorry about the pic, I had already brought it to work to give as a gift because the girl was leaving that day & used my iPhone to take the photo)

JPendant

I think it turned out pretty cool.  I used Ice Resin, Watch Parts, Making Memories “brad” letter, & Pearl Ex.  It didn’t take long to do & came out awesome.

4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty Sara, I know Lisa Somerville uses that Ice Resin a lot too and it does look amazing when you use it on jewelry pieces. I'm sure the girl at work loved your gift.

Anonymous said...

That is PURTY!!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is amazing, Sara! I love it!!

Christi said...

even blurry, you can tell that this is beautiful! Love that bright blue... smiles!